Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Logos...

This past year I'd been asked to design two logos for separate clients and, in one case, also lay out a business card. I'd had limited experience in this area, but looked at each job as an opportunity to expand my skill set.

The first request was from a fella I used to work with at a liquor store in Massachusetts. During the past couple of years he's spent a lot of time creating and expanding a top notch craft beer selection at the store. As part of his endeavor he's branded himself "The Bearded Beer Guy" and wanted a logo to go on  cards, mailers, websites, etc. He had a pretty clear concept, but still afforded me a lot of freedom in interpreting his ideas. Here are the final front and back of the business card:



The second design I completed earlier this year. The client is a friend who's begun his own law practice in Fishtown, a neighborhood in Philadelphia. Like the first client "The Fishtown Lawyer" had given the design quite a bit of thought. The PCC train is an important and recognizable part of the neighborhood so that was to be incorporated into the final design. Here's a color version and a reversed out version of the final logo:



I had a great time on these projects and have been completely spoiled working with such good people. Can't wait to do more work like this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment